Why The Law of Attraction Isn't Working for You
Take a look at this check-list and tick off one or more of the following:
2. You don't know HOW to go about getting it.
3. You haven't taken any steps in the direction of achieving it.
4. You've taken some tentative steps. Waited. Had no results - and given up.
5. You want 'it' because someone else has it - not because you really truly want it.
6. You have un-named fears around getting 'it'.
Note that many of these points are about taking ACTION. Meditating and affirming what you want may sound like an action - but it's not. It's a mindset tool. So you've set your mind right. Good. Now, get on with it!
Stopping at mindset is like saddling the horse and not getting onto it for the RIDE.
In an illustrated e-book I'm working on, I've broken these points down to show you how I work through each of them.
Interested? Let me know here and you'll be one of the first to get it. FREE.
Why do some people seem to 'manifest' more than others?
Let's break it down. What happens when you really truly desire something? You first imagine it. Your imagination involves your whole body. You feel it. That feeling is so intense and good that you lose yourself in imagining it. You start feeling restless to get moving on it. That is true 'dreaming'. When people say, 'your dreams can come true', those are the dreams they mean.
Then, when you get back to reality, the distance you feel between 'not having' and that state of 'having' results in a pull or call to action.
How you react/respond to that call to action, is what determines your success as opposed to the person next to you. How soon you act will ascertain when, if ever, you get what it is you want.
Even if your path to that destination isn't exactly clear yet, you start taking steps towards finding the path.
10 ways you can judge if you are going to achieve your dream:
Can you tick off all of the following?
1. You've identified a vision and think about it daily.
2. You clearly see yourself reaching your destination.
3. You just as clearly see the next few steps you need to take to get there.
3. You aren't put off by the length or difficulty of it.
4.Your determination to achieve 'getting' it outweighs any obstacles that come in your way.
5. Other people's opinions of your desire have no bearing on your progress or vision.
6. In fact, you don't consult other people when it comes to your vision. On practical matters regarding your plans to achieve it, yes, but not on whether you should be trying to achieve it or not.
7. You only speak about your vision to people you know have your best interests at heart, and usually only when you're far enough along your journey to achieving it already.
8. You have worked backwards from a position of 'having' it to the present and identified the actions you need to take to achieve your vision.
9. You have written out your vision in detail and keep updating it as you progress.
10. You have a system to keep you accountable; a diary, coaching buddy or mentor or all and maybe more - ways to keep you on track.
These actions will lead to you reaching goals, that all lead to your achievement of your vision.
When I read through these, I can clearly see how doing them will get results.
On the other hand; Sitting around hoping and dreaming...? Not so much.
Keeping your vision alive by writing it out and updating it is necessary for two reasons:
As you align yourself more and more with your vision (what) and purpose (why), things tend to speed up. Coincidences start looking more like synchronicity. Obstacles fall away and new possibilities show themselves.
Keeping your vision uppermost in your mind along your journey, keeps you from being easily sidetracked as your sense of what is possible increases in scope and your network of like-minded people broadens.
Where the Law of Attraction comes into it - from my experience- is when the focus is on the optimism and opportunities while creating the dream, not on the possible pitfalls and obstacles. What you focus on you seem to see more of.
Tell me if you'd like my free e-book when it's done : )
I want to share what I've learnt up till now and hear back from you!
xxxx and an extra xx :) Absolutely my penpal friend I can't wait to read your ebook. As always ths blog was completely divinely timed and covers the question I have been asking myself in the last week. Not always comfortable reading but a great wake up.You write so well. Love it and love the cover of your ebook. Keep going you are on the right path :)
Wow! So proud of you. Thinking of you x
Aren't getting what you want? Affirmations coming out your ears? Meditating on your dream like licking a dry stone?
If you've read about the Law Of Attraction, watched The Secret 12 times and still don't get why you aren't achieving your goals with affirmations and positive thinking
I have included the quoted passages from your post because I nearly fell off my seat when I read it. These have been my thoughts for the last few days as I sat here wondering why I am feeling like someone who has been frozen in time - immobilised as if stung by a deadly poison from a scorpion - unable to make a move, not even a blink. But back to my thoughts - the difference between me and you, is that you were able to verbalise what I was thinking.
And an illustrated book - well it is tailor made for one such as me - a creative who understands the language of illustration and prefers it to the written word, as the message gets across with far more meaning.
I anxiously and eagerly await your E-Book and wish you more than the best as you go about the writing/ illustration of it. I desperately need it. Until then I will re-read your blog post and try and stir my courage muscles into action. I think that I am gonna quit reading and listening to too many people around the whole affirmations, vision thing for a while and just try a restrain my focus to useful comments such as yours.
many thanks for this article. May its message spread far and wide.
Yours in Design